The latest release of Foliobook (3.7.5) fixes a number of bugs and irritations and has a nice new font (OCR-A) to play with.
This is likely to be the last update targeted at both iOS 7.x and 8, future versions are more likely to migrate to iOS8 (and 9 assuming it comes out later this year)
iOS 8 is recommended for users. As ever, before updating an operating system its a good idea to ensure you have both a complete backup of your iPad, either made with iTunes or with iCloud, *and* to have made a backup of the Foliobook portfolio and save it somewhere safe off the iPad. We still do very occasionally find people have lost images after upgrading iOS, though this is becoming less frequent with subsequent releases of iOS.
Video on how to backup. The screens have changed a bit, but the basics are the same. http://support.rocketgardenlabs.com/solution/categories/27264/folders/43990/articles/18709-video-tutorial-backup-and-restore
Here are the details of the changes
– Added the OCR-A font.
Fixes to problems
– fixed a problem where music continued playing after leaving a gallery
– problem with editing gallery/category name after creation
– fixed problem with emailing a lightbox
– problem with transparency in Foliobook transition after zooming
– fixed problem where vertical menu did not preserve text spacing
– fixed problem with appearance of Dropbox login in lightbox